LAMB WITH SAFFRON
Looking for new lamb recipes? Here is a step-by-step recipe to prepare a knuckle of lamb with saffron potatoes, a tasty main course perfect for meat lovers.
Instruction to prepare :
- Mix together the garlic, lemon zest and 4 tbsp oil.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper and brush onto the meat. Marinate for around 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven), gas 5.
- Place the meat in a roasting dish and roast for around 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- After one hour, add the potatoes, lemons, stock and the wine.
- Stir in the saffron and season lightly with salt and ground black pepper.
- At the end of the cooking time, season to taste and arrange the meat on preheated plates.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
- Garlic : 2 cloves , finely chopped
- Lemon zest : 1 tsp
- Olive oil
- Lamb : 4 small knuckles, ready to cook
- Potato : 700 g, waxy, peeled and cut into wedges
- Lemon : 2, unwaxed, cut into wedges
- Stock : 150 – 200 ml, lamb
- Saffron ground
- Parsley leaves : to garnish
Course Main Course
Prep Time 2h 15 Minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 2h 40 Minutes